The students of RAM DEVI JINDAL GROUP OF PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTIONS, LALRU are hereby warned that they shall not indulge in “RAGGING”. If they are found guilty of ragging they are liable for punishment without prejudice to any other criminal action that may be taken under any penal law.
As per the Gazette of India, July 4, 2009 UGC defines What constitutes Ragging.- Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Including in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturb the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gesture, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student;
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student. Administrative action in the event of ragging: – Depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period. Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.
- Ms Preeti Dubey 9501588555 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Ramesh Kumar jha 9872828185 email@example.com
- Mr Amit Bhatia 7009591866 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Manaswani 7087731133 email@example.com
- Ms Gourav Kaur Bal 9417908182 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms Palvi Minhas 9816760672 email@example.com
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
Ragging in any form will not be tolerated at Ram Devi Jindal Group of Professional Institutions, Mohali. Those who are found guilty of ragging will be suspended from the Institute. In case of any complaint kindly contact the Anti Ragging Squad of the Institute. The following are the members of ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE:-
ANTI RAGGING SQUAD PANEL:-